Curious About Coaching?
Coaching is a thriving profession that differs from therapy and consulting in several important ways. Coaches partner with healthy, high functioning clients to help them strategize and accomplish meaningful goals. I use many exercises, personality assessments, worksheets, probing questions, testimonials, and research tips to maximize the coaching experience and to help the client reach their goals.
I grew up in a family with some strong mindsets. “Be the best you can be,” “You can do anything you set your mind to,” “iron sharpens iron,” and many more motivating mantras. I was taught to set your sights high, work hard and create a positive belief system. More specifically, my father has been a key role model in my life, not only as a wonderful father, but he is also a coach by profession. His influence created a desire to deepen my understanding of successful living. This fascination led me into counseling using a theory called cognitive behavioral therapy, which states “We do what we think.” After sitting in a therapy room for years listening to how clients’ negative thinking impacted their life journey, I developed a passion to partner with clients to encourage more positive mindsets. I truly believe in the words of Mark Twain that, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails, Explore. Dream. Discover.” I focus on encouraging clients through certain steps to becoming more successful and living a more meaningful, happy, fulfilled life. I am a living on purpose coach. Here are some topics I like to focus on with clients:
- How life lists contribute to happiness and success
- How daily happiness has an impact on goals
- How to measure and enhance your own well-being
- How to identify and eliminate negativity in your life
- How to set short-term and long-term goals in the 7 areas of life
- How to savor each of these areas
Howard Thurman once said, “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Throughout the time I spend coaching clients, I do just this. I pose questions to get their minds working, in hopes of providing the spark needed to ignite progress and success in their lives. Here are some of the questions I often present to my clients:
- What do you really want?
- Whose life are you living?
- Where do you want to be in 5 years?
- What’s holding you back most?
- What opportunities are you missing?
- What goal are you ready to achieve?
- What’s the dream you’ve given up on?
- What does your ideal life look like?
- What gifts aren’t fully developed?
As an encourager coach, I hope to champion my clients to a place of happiness in all areas of their life. I hope to guide them to the kind of happiness Howard Mumford Jones spoke of, “Happiness is…wanting what you want, getting what you get, and hoping that the two will coincide.” I am here to help align each aspect of your life to a balance that produces true happiness; to give you that push to get past personal insecurities or road blocks and reach your full potential. For as William Shedd said, “Ships are safe in a harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.” All in all George Elliot said it best, “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” Come on board. Join the adventure. Let’s coach together.
As your Esteem Wellness business and personal coach, our role is to partner with you as your:
- Advisor in achieving business and personal goals
- Champion during any life transition or challenge
- Sounding Board when making choices or facing challenges
- Cheerleader when extra encouragement is needed
- Advocate who believes in you and supports you
Our coaching time together is your safe space where we will share truth, trust, and transitions to results. We will help you make better decisions and be more efficient as you accomplish your goals.
A Professional Coach helps you define:
- Who you are and who you want to become
- What you really want in your personal and professional life
- How to define and reach your goals by developing effective strategies
Everyone wants "more" or "less" of something. Your Esteem Wellness Professional Coach helps you achieve:
- More — money, time, love, opportunity, community, respect, clarity, direction
- Less — challenges, problems, stress, discord, indecisiveness, procrastination
What do you need more or less of in your life?
To learn more about what coaching can do for you, call our offices at 210.496.7373 to schedule a complimentary 30 minute introductory session. We can't wait to help you achieve what matters most to YOU!